There are many different Makhana Recipes to try. These healthy snacks are loaded with calcium, protein, and fiber. Whether you are craving a sweet snack or a savory main course, Makhana can make the perfect meal. These tasty treats can be used in a variety of ways. Here are some examples: Spicy Munchies Makhana, Caramelized Makhana, Healthy Makhana Chaat, Makhana Matar Curry & Makhana Tikki.
The most popular Makhana Recipes are the ones that use the seeds. You can make them at home in about 15 to 30 minutes, and they are also a great source of protein and fiber. You can prepare them with fresh Makhana and a jar of powdered Jaggery.
Makhana seeds, or fox nuts, high in protein, carbohydrates, and healthy fat, are becoming more popular as the new superfood. If you don’t mind eating them roasted or raw, you can also use them to create quick and simple meals that are tasty and unusual.
Here are 5 Dishes That are Both Easy, Delicious & That Use Incredibly Nutritious Makhana Seeds:
Spicy Munchies Makhana
This is the quickest and easiest recipe for a snack diet that you will ever find. When you have a limited number of ingredients on hand in the kitchen, Makhana spiced will satisfy your hunger in a matter of minutes.
Makhana consists of three cups.
Turmeric powder is a kind of spice.
pepper powder with a kick of heat
Masala Chaat (Salt Chaat)
Ghee or cooking oil with black pepper
- Heat the ghee or oil over low heat in a small saucepan and roast the nuts for approximately 11 minutes, stirring occasionally. Continue to stir.
- Combine all of the spices in a large mixing bowl. Remove the pan from the heat and discard the nuts properly.
- If required, season with more Chaat Masala. Make a thorough mix.
- You may even dry it if you don’t want to use any ghee or oil. On the other hand, spices do not blend well and might result in a bitter flavour, and Makhana is made tastier by adding ghee or oil.
If you’re looking for something fast and uncomplicated, caramelized Makhana is the right option. We want to infuse it with a healthy dose of vitality.
Ghee or coconut
oil, 2 cups Jaggery
1 cup gold cane sugar,
- Makhana is fried till crisp in ghee or coconut oil over low heat.
- Heat a small amount of water in a separate pot and constantly whisk over low heat. It will turn into a golden brown liquid as it melts. Keep an eye out for a sticky consistency.
- Stir regularly to ensure that the melted Jaggery is evenly distributed over the roasted Makhana.
- Makhanas would be completely coated with Jaggery in a matter of minutes. Allow cooling before storing in an airtight container.
- This is a healthy snack that you may enjoy on any day. It’s not necessary to fill your sweet craving with caffeine. The crunchy fox nuts and natural sweetness of the Jaggery make you want to eat more of this dish.
Phool Makhana Chaat
Flavored Makhana is a well-known brand of roasted nibbles that have been around for a long time. Give us a chance to wow you with a Makhana Chaat that is unique, healthful, and free of oil.
1 cup Quark or yogurt — 1/2
cup Pomegranate seeds — 1/2
cup Black pepper powder — 1/2
teaspoon Raisins — 1 tablespoon Quark or yogurt
cumin seeds that have been roasted
Coriander leaves — for handling — lemon juice,
freshly squeezed (optional)
season with salt to taste
- Makhana should be soaked in water for 30 minutes. Fill a basin halfway with water and squeeze it.
- Add the remainder of the ingredients to the bowl with the spices and salt until everything is well combined.
- Throw with accuracy. At the last end, add the raisins.
- This nutritious chaat may be prepared in less than 15 minutes. You may add shredded cucumber to the mixture to make it more consistent if you like. You may make a version of this recipe by using Sev for the raisins. Do you eat this for breakfast or as a quick snack when you’re in a hurry? This easy and delicious chaat would be a hit with your children as well.
Makhana Matar Curry
It is a different dish that differs from traditional curries. It is both light and filling, and it has a terrific flavour!
Makhana Peas — 1 cup Onion (optional) To make the puree, combine 2 big, diced tomatoes with 1 cup red pepper powder (optional), 1 tablespoon coriander powder, and 1 tablespoon garam masala. Masala — 1 sweet dish
2 tablespoons ground caraway
1 tablespoon ground turmeric 1 tablespoon cashew nut 5–6
5–6 cloves of garlic, minced
1-inch slice of ginger
- Bake over low heat until the Makhana is crisp, then remove it from the pan and set it aside. Move the mixture to a dish and set it aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil and sauté half of the chopped onions and garlic until gently browned. Remove the pan from the heat and add the cashews that have been warming in the tub. Allow the mixture to cool before adding a paste to the mixer with a little water to make a smooth paste.
- More oil should be heated in a saucepan. Toss in the sesame seeds until they begin to break. Fry half of the chopped onions in the pan until they are translucent. Fill the mold halfway with the onion paste. For 3–4 minutes, it’s always an excellent idea.
- Combine the tomato puree, turmeric, coriander powder, and fresh powder in a large mixing bowl. Make a thorough mix—Cook over medium heat, covered, until the oil is completely dissolved.
- Combine half a cup of water, the peas, and the salt in a large mixing bowl. Cover the pan with a cover and reduce the heat to low for 4–5 minutes.
- Drop in the roasted Makhana and cook for a minute before turning off the heat.
- As the combination cools, the lotus seeds absorb the water and thicken the sauce, which is good. Decorative garnishes include coriander leaves or dried red peppers, and take your pick between chapati or rice.
Surprised? On the other hand, Lotus seeds are full of surprises and provide us with a plethora of opportunities for exploration. Here’s a recipe for Tikki’s potato and fox seed that’s simple.
1 cup Fox nuts 2 cups finely chopped green peppers 2 tablespoons grilled peanuts coarsely crushed coriander leaves 1 teaspoon fennel seed powder 1 teaspoon garam masala powder 1 teaspoon chaat masala 1 teaspoon cooking oil 4–5 tablespoons Cooking oil 4–5 tablespoons Cooking oil 4–5 tablespoons
season with salt to taste
- Begin burning ghee with fox nuts until the nuts are crunchy, about 15 minutes. Roughly coat the seeds with the coating.
- In a large mixing basin, combine the roughly crushed Makhana, the mashed potatoes, and the other ingredients. Make a thorough mix. Taste and adjust the salt and spices to your liking.
- Form the ingredients into patties that are round or oval. Lightly sauté both sides in the pan until they are golden brown.
- With ketchup or pudina chutney, you may complete the meal.
Want to order makhana online? Check this link: https://www.hunzabazar.com/product/phool-makhana-price-in-pakistan/
Also Read: Phool Makhana Benefits
Also Read: Benefits Of Salajeet
Also Read: Dry Fruits Benefits